Job posted 01/11/21
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Georgetown, Texas
The Project Superintendent directs the workflow of the project on-site consistent with the project schedule and OSBURN, safety, and quality standards. The Superintendent. provides leadership and serves as the liaison between project team members to promote the interest of both the business and clients in all matters, as well as demonstrate the characteristics of a mid-level leader. The Superintendent communicates project priorities to site staff and all subcontractors, serving as the primary leader on site for the construction project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and administering the OSBURN, safety program to include all subcontractors, ensuring that all accidents/incidents are promptly reported and investigated, and assisting in safety inspections by outside agencies.
- Maintain OSBURN, quality standards for all aspects of the project.
- Serve as the leader for all on-site safety, managing a safe job site for all involved.
- Maintain a daily log of all activities and site conditions, while managing the punch list and closeout process through the company expectations.
- Work with the project manager in formulating project schedule, ensuring that the proper methods and sequence of installation are followed, making and following through with schedule commitments, and maintaining OSBURN quality standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with all subcontractors on the project, developing relationships within the community which enhances business opportunities, and ensuring subcontractors are treated fairly.
- Ensure complete, accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understanding subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identifying problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
- Develop and organize the site team, arranging for temporary facilities/utilities for the site, and identifying long lead items that need to be expedited.
- Collaborate with the project manager and site operations team throughout the life of the project.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Construction/flat concrete background is a must.
- 5+ years’ experience in commercial concrete construction.
- Mastery of building processes and best practices in the concrete industry.
- Ability to organize necessary resources, including people, tools, and time to meet tight deadlines and achieve desired results.
- Project lead experience preferred
- Previous experience as a superintendent or project lead experience preferred.
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for long periods of time and the ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Prescription Drug
- Health Care Reimbursement Account
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- 401(k) with Company matching
- Supplemental Insurance Sickness, Accident, Short, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Direct Deposit Payroll