Job posted 09/23/20
Job Type: Part-time
Location: DFW, Central Texas
Osburn is searching for interns to be based out of our Garland, Texas or Georgetown, Texas offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the project management team with subcontractor and supplier coordination, material tracking, file management, document control (submittals, RFIs and change orders) and progress reporting.
- Work with field supervision to assist with project layout, setting control lines, surveying, construction drawing and trade coordination, verification of field conditions and quality control.
- Must be able to understand and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees
- Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments
- Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients
- Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports, and other related project documentation
- Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Must be enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Construction or other relevant degree.
- Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various software used such as Excel, Bluebeam, and Revit. Familiarity or an internship with construction industry practices preferred.
- Must be able to perform essential daily functions